ARE WE PICKING THE BEST FROM THE TREASURE TROVE?
How often do we supplicate to Allah swt and how? In his famous advice to his son (letter 31 in Nahjul Balagha) Imam Ali a.s. says “Think over it that by simply granting you the privilege of praying for His Favours and Mercies, the Merciful Lord has handed over the keys of His treasures to you. Whenever you are in need you should pray and He will confer His Bounties and Blessings”. Let the abundant rains of His mercy fall upon you.Whenever you call upon Him, He hears your call.
WHAT TO PRAY FOR AND HOW:
Holy Quran contains many verses where Allah gives us the words to use in our duas. Ahlulbayt a.s. have given us many useful tips on how to seek out the best from the jewels available in the divine treasures. Sahifa e Sajjadia is a monumental collection of amazing duas. Let us briefly look into the steps for supplicating in the best manner:
1. INVOKE: Says Imam Ali a.s. : “Invoke Him to grant you your heart's desire, lay before Him the secrets of your heart, tell Him about all the calamities that have befallen you and misfortunes which face you, and beseech His help to overcome them.” You may ask: “why pray when Allah does know what I want?”. That’s true but Allah wants us to pray so that we develop spiritually, become closer to Him, become aware that we are the needy and He is our Sustainer.
2. DO NOT HOLD BACK: Imam Ali a.s. advises us to “Ask Him to grant you from the treasuries of His mercy that which no one else has power to give….” Imam a.s. also says that we should not hold back on asking for things we perceive as impossible. Things being impossible is a concept that applies to us, the created ones. Nothing is impossible for the Creator!
3. EARN LASTING REWARDS: Imam a.s. adds: “Your request should be for things the benefit of which should be lasting and the burden of which should remain away from you”. Wealth is an example of something that will not last. It can neither prolong our lives nor will it accompany us to the grave. It can also become a burden if it causes us to develop spiritual diseases such as vanity and arrogance or if used in inappropriate activities for which we will be accountable on the Day of Judgement. A much better option would be to pray for being guided to spend what we can on good deeds that earn for us sawab e jaaria ( rewards that continue even after we die).
4. PRAY FOR OTHERS: Much emphasis has been given to praying for others. Imam Ali a.s. has stressed the benefit of doing so by stating that if you pray for others with a sincere heart, you will not need to pray for your self.
5. DO NOT DESPAIR: We are told that “Delay in acceptance of your pleas should not disappoint you because the grant of prayers often rests with the true purpose and intention of the implorer.
Click here to become our VIP
You get the exclusive updates and offers, all it takes is your email address.
I am sure you enjoyed reading this and will make best use of these tips. Now please do a Sadqa Jariya by sharing this link.
Two years ago, prior to a sweltering Ramadan, I made a list of all the things I was going to complete. However, by the tenth day, I was depleted of my imaan boost. After ‘Eid al-Fitr, I looked over my list.
But they seem so easy to accomplish… what went wrong? I believe the problem was that I aspired to reach so many goals in such a short amount of time without really thinking about...
Opportunity to repent is among the most important blessings from the Merciful Lord. Given our propensity to fall into sins in a world that beckons towards evil at every step, not taking help from this opportunity is probably the biggest and most dangerous folly that anyone can commit. Consequences of leaving this world with unpardoned sins are too dreadful to imagine.
Thanks for an amazing 2016. As a start-up, like all others, we’ve had some ups-and-downs, and I’m grateful you’ve stuck with us around. Seriously, some of you have been reading our newsletters since the beginning and supporting and sharing (caring) which is amazing.
We launched an entirely new site in April 2016, and almost as quickly took it went all over. It was our big experiment with #SmartAzanClock product to understand the market need...